Aromatherapy is the art and science of using essential oils from plant sources for health and wellbeing. Aromatherapy forms a part of holistic massage, which produces physical, spiritual, emotional and a mental sense of harmony. This is a comforting, reassuring and healing therapy.
Subjects included with in the course:
- The art of aromatherapy and the methods of oil extraction
- Classifications and chemistry of essential oils
- Eastern theories of Aromatherapy
- Aromatherapy and Child Care
- Treatment of common conditions
- Safety information
- Contra-indications and first aid
- Properties and reputed uses of 28 essential oils
- Base / carrier oils.
- General massage
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology
Exit level outcomes:
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Have the theoretical understanding of Aromatherapy and how to apply it.
Entry level requirements:
- This certification is only available as a correspondence course. Although you should be able to complete this course in 3 months, open learning gives you the flexibility to study at your own pace within a 1 year period.
- 3 case studies
- A final theoretical exam