This is a versatile and unique type of massage treatment that can be used almost anywhere and at anytime to promote relaxation. The aim of Seated Massage is to release the stress that has accumulated in the tissues, muscles and joints of the head, face, neck, arms and shoulders.
Subjects included with in the course:
- Introduction to Seated Massage
- A Brief History
- Using Oils
- Massage Benefits and Manipulations
- Contra-indications to Treatment
- Skin Conditions and Disorders
- Massage Routine
Exit level outcomes:
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Perform a massage treatment
- Have the necessary knowledge pertaining to work ethics and professionalism.
Entry level requirements:
- Grade 10
- As part of this course you must attend 6 practical class hours at the college.
- 10 massage case-studies
- Practical assessment