Massage is a hands-on therapy that affects the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels of the body. This exciting program gives you the freedom of choice to create your own tailor made expertise.
The course consist of 6 subjects; 3 core subjects and 3 choice subjects.
Core Subjects ;
- Applied Massage
- Anatomy and Physiology (Correspondence)
- Aromatherapy (Correspondence)
- Advanced Sports Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Seated Massage
- Lomi-Lomi Massage
Exit level outcomes:
- Perform a range of full body massages.
- Have the necessary knowledge pertaining to work ethics and professionalism when performing a massage
- Effectively utilize the different applications of Aromatherapy
- Understand the structure and function of the human body, the inter-relation of the body systems within the human organism and develop an understanding of the principles of human anatomy and physiology.
Entry level requirements:
- Grade 10
- Open learning gives you the flexibility to study at your own pace within a 2 year period.
- Massage case-studies as per module required.
- Final theoretical and practical exams where applicable.