Advanced Sports Massage
After completion of this course, the student will be equipped with the necessary information and skills to compete as a qualified Sports Massage Practitioner in a highly competitive fitness industry. Other than most courses offered in this field, we will equip you with hands-on practical techniques that will enable you to practice with confidence as a Sports Massage Practitioner. You will be capable to assist people in all areas of the fitness industry and incorporate massage as part of a fitness maintenance program.
Subjects included in this course:
- Working specific muscles – Excellent for Maintenance Massage
- Pre-event and Post event massage techniques
- Neuromuscular Techniques
- Muscle Energy Techniques
- Soft tissue release
- Facilitated Stretching
Exit level outcomes:
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Perform a massage treatment
- Have the necessary knowledge pertaining to work ethics and professionalism
Entry level requirements:
- Grade 10
- Please note that a basic massage qualification is a pre-requisite for this course.
- Although you should be able to complete this course in 3 months, open learning gives you the flexibility to study at your own pace within a 1 year period. As part of this course you must attend 18 practical class hours at the college.
- 25 massage case-studies
- Final theoretical and practical exam