Anatomy and Physiology is the study of the structure and function of the human body. This subject is a fundamental component of any curriculum for prospective health therapists.
Subjects included with in the course:
- Introduction to the body as a whole
- The cells, tissues, and organization of the body
- Electrolytes and body fluids, the blood and circulatory system
- The lymphatic and nervous system
- The special senses and the skin
- The endocrine system and the reproductive system
- The respiratory system
- Introduction to nutrition
- The digestive and urinary system
- The skeleton, the joints and the muscular system
Exit level outcomes:
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Have the Theoretical knowledge and understanding of Anatomy and Physiology.
Entry level requirements:
- Grade 10
- This certification is only available as a correspondence course. Although you should be able to complete this course in 3 months, open learning gives you the flexibility to study at your own pace within a 1 year period.
- Final theoretical exam
- Completed study guide